Video games are fantastic for any young person to own. But buying controllers all the time is freaking bad and might make you to decide on going after the next gaming device. Due to this reason, I have decided to show you how to fix or repair your broken Xbox game pad within 15 minutes.
Before you think of opening up your controller, you need to have full and well noted understanding about its components. In a merely recognized explanation, your device refused to perform properly due to, it can’t supply enough power. So, before you can actually do anything to fix it, you must have the following tools.
- Digital Multimeter
- Soldering Iron
- Wire Stripper
- Use the multimeter to test or check for certain connections.
- If there is no signal on that a particular connection, strip and replace the wire.
Testing for Short Circuit
A short circuit is mainly known as when the ground and power connection come in contact. It can damage the battery or core parts of the controller.
To check for it accurately;
- Unplug everything and remove the battery if you can do that
- Place the multimeter testing feature noted + on the controller power and – on the ground.
- If it shows 0 or anything close to it, there is short circuit.
Testing the voltage
- Plug in the remove or you can just put in the controller batteries
- Use the multimeter to check the voltage from the console
- If the voltage is less than 3v, then there is something that is definitely wrong with the device. I don’t have core knowledge of fixing on that level.
Joysticks/Triggers not working
- Desolder all leads at the high temperature using a solder pump/wick. See here for how to.
- If it can’t be desoldered, you have to rip it out. Don’t damage anything during this process
- Solder all the parts again
Broken Vibration Motor/Speaker
Most consoles have vibration for physical feedback. They are mostly connected with thin wires and can break easily. You just have to do this step to fix it.
- Desolder the two carry come wires from the device
- Solder with new wires connected as there were
Charging Ports Bad
This is merely easy to fix if you have another replacement. Just obtain one from a broken controller, desolder, then use place and solder on the other controller.
In case all possible steps refused to fix or fully repair your Xbox game pad, you have no other dedicated option than to pay $40-$60 for another one, before thinking of using it to play roblox after knowing about best online robux generator.